About this event
The rumours are getting louder. A fall election seems very likely.
Are you ready to engage your community?
In 2019 we saw one of the highest voter turnouts in recent history. But still, 9 million eligible electors did not vote! Almost ⅓ of all eligible voters.
We can do better but it will take all of us.
This last year has been incredibly hard. The pandemic has exposed existing inequalities and we are starting to reckon with the systemic racism that has prevented many Canadians from participating in our democracy. Events around the world and just to our south have clearly demonstrated that elections matter and that votes can change the world.
Join us Thursday, August 19 from 1:00 - 2:30 PM EDT for an election readiness workshop to equip community-based organizations and local leaders with the tools and resources needed for non-partisan voter outreach and engagement.
What you will learn:
- How to engage first-time and infrequent voters.
- Tools for social media campaigns and in-person activities.
- How to demystify the voting process.
- Changes to voting as a result of the pandemic
What you will get:
- A virtual toolkit with the latest info sheets from Elections Canada
- Samples of effective social media campaigns
- A chance to ask questions
- Regular updates with the latest materials from The Exchange and Elections Canada between now and Election Day.
Finally, you will have a chance to meet people who share your passion for building a vibrant, inclusive, and just democracy in Canada.